Monday, November 9, 2015

Don't Give Up

I don't mind allowing myself some off plan meals or snacks from time to time, honestly I don't. I believe in food freedom and not becoming a slave to the way I eat. I think the occasional special treat is great. 

But I have to be careful.

Not because it messes with my weight, one treat is not going to mess with my weight. 

I have to be careful because some off plan foods trigger cravings for more off plan foods and it can quickly spiral out of control.

If I allow sugar back into my diet, it can easily become ugly. Sugar makes me crave more sugar!

It's like a drug and I feel like I lose control. Honestly, that is how it makes me feel. No. Control.

I allowed an off plan lunch last Thursday, then I taste tested a cheesecake I was trying for a catering job. Friday evening was a family gathering and I allowed more cheats. 

Then Saturday was bible study and I ate off plan again.

Sunday my cravings were horrible! Then the family decided to order pizza for dinner. Not. Good.

You know the funny thing is that these "special" occasions happen all the time and when I have the correct mindset it is no problem at all for me to stay on plan. But if I get in the mindset of "oh it's okay, I'll just get back on track tomorrow" or worse the "I really don't care today" mode - it is just ugly.

Really ugly!

Now, I know that my hormones fluctuate and they really do effect my appetite, but that is no excuse for me to lose control. 

Self control is a fruit of the Spirit, even when the hormones rage. 

Today my mindset is back in the right place. I'm ready to get back on plan. Thanks to prayers from my friends and from myself, God is helping me. 

I'm not down about this weekend. I'm not even going to get upset with myself.

It happens.  It isn't the first time I've done this and since this is a lifelong journey, it probably won't be the last.

The main thing is that I get myself back on track and not give up just because I had a bad weekend. That's what happens with diets, not with a lifestyle of eating. 

I say all of this to encourage you if you have these times of splurges and off plan eating. Don't let it derail you. Don't let it take your focus off of the bigger picture.

You didn't ruin anything. Yeah, you might have slowed your weight loss, but you didn't completely ruin it. 

You just get back on track. 

You do your best and you take one day at a time if  you have to.

Don't give up.

No matter how many times you mess up.

Don't quit.

You are worth the effort. 

Don't feel guilty, that is from Satan.

Just learn from the situation and move on. 

There is no guilt, no condemnation.

You are human, we mess up. No one is perfect.

You are beautiful.

You are loved.

You are worth the effort.

Be blessed my friends and if you stumble, just get back up. 

Rashel ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment