Tuesday, November 3, 2015

It's What We Do That Matters

Normally when I run, I listen to my Christian exercise playlist; it's just upbeat music that keeps me going and I love it. 

One of the songs has a line that says, "It doesn't matter how you feel, it's what you do that matters."

I. Love. That. Line.

It keeps me going when I really feel like quitting.

It makes me push through how I feel and instead, dig deep into what I can actually DO. 

Because what I FEEL I can do and what I can ACTUALLY do are two different things. Totally. Different.

But that line doesn't speak to me just about exercising, it speaks to my life.

It doesn't matter how I feel. It's what I do that matters.

I might feel angry - but what am I going to do about it?

I might feel hurt - but how am I going to respond?

I might feel frustrated - but does that mean I lose my temper?

We can feel lots of things. 

That doesn't mean we have to act on them. 

My feelings can get me in trouble, they can cause me to focus on myself and my rights, instead of on God's ways.

My feelings are fleeting with the moment and my circumstances, but I must focus on the truth that is never changing. 

I pray we all would respond and act based on the truth, not on our feelings in that moment.

I pray we would fill our hearts with the Word of Truth, that it would speak to us in those moments.

I pray we remember that it's what we DO that matters.

What we do is what others see and that is how they will see our Christ in us.

Blessings my friends,
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment