Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Waiting, reading and learning

If you've been following me at all lately, you know I am starting my journey with Trim Healthy Mama, you can read about what that is here. My book is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so until then I have been reading the Facebook group posts, devouring the files on that group and printing lots and lots of recipes from others on the internet. I'm trying to be patient while waiting on my book, but truth be told, I am not a patient person when it comes to waiting on things I want like that. I am very thankful for all of the info I have learned on the group and from ladies like Stacy and Gwen. I also have a wonderful friend, Sara, that has been on the plan awhile and is answering some of my questions as well! I have been following the plan as well as I can for the last week, but I'm sure after I actually read the book I will be able to follow it even better.  Come on book get here!!!

Today I have been reading several websites, not only about Trim Healthy Mama but also some homeschooling websites. I have almost always been a very relaxed, eclectic approached homeschool mama, but this year at our homeschool convention I was very intrigued about unschooling. I had the privilege of speaking with one of the speakers for awhile after her class and she made me understand more than I ever had about how it actually works. I am reading more online now and reading her book I bought that day and seeing if it is the right thing for us this year. I will try to post more on that later.

Learning, aren't we always learning? I'm constantly learning about the THM way of eating, a new way to homeschool, how to can okra - which I detest but hubby loves and many many other things. I think that is what draws me to unschooling. I learn what interests me and I believe my children should too. Why should I care about a "list" "they" decided is what every child should learn? If God is going to direct them in their occupation, I believe He will direct them to want to learn what they will need for said occupation. Can you tell I am leaning toward unschooling?

Well, I just got a call and I am needed at our local horse sale to work.  I will talk to y'all later, have a blessed evening.

Blessings,
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment