Friday, May 31, 2013

Gardening between the Rains


It has been raining so much here lately that it has been hard to find any time to garden. Our garden sits in a low spot anyway, which is really nice in dry times but in wet times it can put a damper on planting. We finally had a few dry days in a row that alllowed the ground to dry up enough that I didn't have to worry about getting stuck in the mud, so we took advantage of it. We planted kale, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, onions, tomatoes, squash and cucumbers. I have peppers to plant too but it started raining again and now I have to wait until it dries out again.



Yes, I have the sprinkler going even after I just mentioned all of the rain. After planting, I wanted to make sure the plants got a drink and we weren't expecting rain that day. However, I forgot the sprinkler was on, so the garden got a good drink that day! Anyone else do that?


The above picture is the front of our house. I have spearmint, parsley,lettuce, cilantro, cabbage, broccoli, kale, flowers and a few tomato plants planted here and on the east side of the house. I pray everything grows well this year!

We are getting more rain again and I am afraid everything will get flooded out, but I sure hope not. I'll have to wait and see if my seeds got washed away, if so, I'll just replant.

I pray you all have a very blessed day! Oh and for those of us in the Midwest, I pray for a day with no thunderstorm or tornado watches!!

Blessings,
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment