Friday, January 20, 2012

Truthquest History and Thank You!!

First, thank you to all of you that shared with me regarding our homeschooling and living books. I appreciate it SOO much!

I think I have finally found what we are going with for school next year, Truthquest History. I have been looking into several things and this really looks like it is just what I am looking for. I found one of the guides on a used curriculum site for $10 today, so I went ahead and ordered it. I can't wait to get it and actually get to see if it really is what  I am looking for. If you want more information about Truthquest, go here.

Now, for anyone that is familiar with it, I do have a question. Is there a list of what books are recommended for each guide? I would like to go ahead and be looking for some of the books. I have looked at the sample pages on the website and have seen some of the recommended readings to choose from, but I wasn't sure if that was the complete list or just for that section. I know that I don't have to follow any certain book (which I absolutely love), but I know that the ones recommended would be excellent choices. I thought if I had a list ahead of time, I could be looking at the library, used book places and on paperbackswap.

Thank you again for all of your comments and help. I am still looking into science and have been looking at the ones suggested!

Blessings,
Rashel

5 comments:

  1. Yay--you liked it! Hooray hooray! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot--there are many many books listed. You pick and choose what you want to use, because there's no way you can do them all. What guide are you using? I have a lot of them and could look for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    We bought the first American History book. I'm going to go through it with my girls, I think. We can also use POE resources along with it, because it covers most of the explorers in POE. If that's what book you have, email me, and I can send you some of the books suggested. The spines listed on the samples pretty much cover the whole book. What did you decide to do about science?

    Love in Christ,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I decided to use the four year plan because my oldest will be starting 9th grade when we start this. That means I will be doing Beginnings for bible time and Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome for the first year. Thank you so much for any help you can give. Even if you can just send me some of the favorites so I can start looking for those, that would be great!
    Blessings,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I also signed up for the yahoo groups as I figured I could get alot of information from those and look for used books.
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete