Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Handwriting Practice- Free online site

Penmanship is something most of my children struggle with and I've decided we need more practice in this area. I remember my own father making my sister and me practice our penmanship, and we went to public school. He just firmly believed that our handwriting (penmanship) makes a huge statement. I cannot tell you over the years how many times I have been complimented on my handwriting because of the time spent practicing. One simple example of what a difference it can make in life: imagine you were a boss and you had two applications in front of you and the qualifications of the individuals were exactly the same. The only differences in them were one was written sloppily and the other was very neat in appearance. Which one would you hire? If honest, most people would go with the neater penmanship. It does make a difference.

With all of that said, my children need practice. I have been thinking I need to order some books for this purpose but today decided to look online and found a wonderful free site. You choose the style of writing you prefer, if you want to practice on word, several words or a paragraph, etc. You can also choose size of font I believe. Then you type in what you want them to practice. I typed in their memory verse for the week. Now they are getting penmanship practice while memorizing their scripture verse. I love it!

I will give you the link but will also say I have not looked around the site other than for the practice sheets, so I cannot say about anything else on the site. Here is the link: Amazing Handwriting Worksheets

If you check it out, let me know what you think. I bookmarked the site and plan to use them again and again.

Blessings,
Rashel

1 comment: