Friday, April 29, 2011

ABC's of a Godly Home - Introduction

Introduction


My purpose and my heart in this challenge is that not only will it help you to clean your home and teach you how to keep it that way, but that it would draw you nearer to God and to your family. As wives and mothers we have enormous responsibilities of being helpmeets to our husbands, teachers to our children and keepers of our homes. Sometimes it can all just totally overwhelm us and we feel like we are sinking in a ship with no hope of ever being tossed a life preserver. Listen closely my friend, we already have a life preserver and He is waiting for us to ask Him for help. Jesus is your Savior and He cares for you. He loves you and He wants only the best for you. He will pull you up from your sinking ship and He will set you on dry land. However, He is a gentleman and He will not force Himself upon you. He is waiting patiently for you to ask Him.

If you have not been born again and asked Jesus into your life. I pray you would start there, it is the most important thing you will ever do in your life. There is no magic prayer you must pray; it is just a heartfelt prayer from you to Him. You must acknowledge that you are a sinner and that He died on the cross for you and rose again three days later. He died so that you may have eternal life with God the Father. Romans 3:23 says “All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.” We are all sinners and we cannot enter into Heaven except through Jesus Christ. John 3:16 tells us that if we believe in God’s only son, we will have eternal life. You are saved by faith, not by any good works you do. It is only by your faith in God’s grace. It is that simple. Pray, ask Him to be God of your life and then live for Him.

If God is your savior, He is also so much more. He is your Father, your Redeemer and your help in times of trouble. God cares about every single thing in your life, including the keeping of your home. My goal is to encourage you in keeping your home, strengthening your marriage and loving your children. I believe a home is not just made up of walls, floors and the furniture kept there, it is also everything that happens inside those walls. Just because your house is clean, it does not make it a home. I pray that you will take this journey with me as I strive to make my house a loving, Godly home and KEEP it that way. I will share my struggles with you and the victories God has given me. I will share the things I have learned that have worked for us and those that have not. I will share my heart with you and I pray that you will be encouraged along the way.

I feel I should share a few things with you before we begin. First, I am not a professional writer and therefore, I am sure there will be typos and grammar errors in my writings. Second, I am not a perfect homemaker. I am learning as I go as well but, I am praying all along the way that God will guide me as I write to you. Third, my life is not your life and because of that, not everything I say will apply to your life or work for you. My prayer is that you will gain at least one piece of knowledge that will help you to become a Godly wife, mother and keeper at home. So, with all of that said, let’s begin? Read post titled Day A.



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment