Thursday, August 7, 2008

Still really busy but having fun

This week is VBS which means it is really busy around here right now, but we are having a good time too! However, we are noticing that the enemy is attacking all around us. He knows we are spreading the word and love of Jesus to many children (and their parents) and he wants to try to stop us. I am praying we all continue to follow our Lord and Saviour and to rely on His strength through these times. I know the children our having a wonderful time at VBS and they are also hearing God's truth.

On a side note, Saturday we went to a BBQ at my cousin's home for my great grandpa; his 91st birthday was last week and this was to celebrate. We had a good visit and good food as well. Yesterday, my mom called and said they had put him in the hospital because he had passed out and was unresponsive at home the evening before. We still don't know exactly why but he is feeling better now. The kids and I went to the hospital to see him before VBS yesterday, he was happy for the company and we had a nice visit. I am so thankful that my children have gotten to know their great-great grandpa and for the time we have had with him. I am afraid though, that he won't be around for much longer. The same goes for my paternal grandpa, the kids great grandpa. He is also getting very weak and declining in health. We don't really expect either of them to make it to next year. We know death is inevitable, but that doesn't make it any easier to handle. I am just trying to see them both as much as possible while we still can and I am thankful for the time the Lord has allowed us to have this far. It seems as though this past month has been full of death, we know of 6 people that have passed away this last month. They weren't all close, some we just knew who they were but that is still alot for such a short time.

Okay, I need to get off of here and get some chores done. I pray you all have a blessed day!
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment