Thursday, July 24, 2008

Too busy

This month has made me realize that I just don't do well when I am too busy. I don't do well at all! I need some structure and routine in my life at times and if I am running here and there, then there isn't much structure to be found. I know alot of people can function just fine running all nilly willy all the time, always on the go, always busy busy, but that just isn't me. I really enjoy my simple life and being home, keeping my home and training up my children. I don't do well keeping my home or training my children if I am not at home. If I am busy and always running, my children get disciplined, not trained and I don't like that much. Now don't get me wrong, I like to get out once in awhile to go to a friends or to town for my shopping, but this having something everyday that takes me away from my home and my duties here, it is for the birds. I honestly don't know how some women do it when they are consistently away from home or even if they have alot going on at home, how do they keep up with their homekeeping duties and take care of their families as well when they have so much other stuff? I don't like feeling rushed and stressed all of the time, I like simplicity. I like knowing what I am doing the next day and having some kind of plan, and so do my children. I have come to realize that my children need that structure as well, we all function better when it is in place. I have also come to realize that when we have structure and routine, my children behave better. I wonder if it is actually them behaving better or me having more patience with them and more time to train instead of just discipline them that makes the difference. Perhaps it is both! So, for me and my family, I have resolved to do my best to keep my life simple and enjoyable. Yes, enjoyable. I found that I don't enjoy my day or the things and people around me as much when I am rushed and busy. That is no way to live life. I want to be able to take a moment to stop and watch my children play, to see them laugh when they don't know I am watching. I want to be able to stop what I am doing, close my eyes and let them lead me by the hand to show off their latest artwork or invention. Yes, the simple life is the life I enjoy. What about you? Are you too busy? Remember, even if the things you are doing are good things, it can still be bad if it makes you TOO busy. Think about it and take it to God, ask Him for guidance in this area. Ask Him if you are too busy.

One more thought on this, make sure that all you are doing is for God's glory and not your own; are you doing this to glorify Him or to get the praise yourself?

Blessings my friends,
Rashel

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sister!
    I too am READY for home time and down time...so are my children and dh. We are too busy too! I know it is only for a season, but I agree- even when it's for the best reasons (VBS or other- "God's Glory" stuff) it is easy to get so caught up in it that you feel like you've missed a big chunk of life!
    I will pray for you- please pray for me too.
    May all our efforts bring glory to God!
    Thank you for the reminder of what I can't wait to get back to!
    The Simple Everyday life!

    PS. Andy Griffith Rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richlyblessedmomof4,
    See how busy I am, I did not see your comment until today!! I am so sorry. First, yes, Andy Griffith rocks! (You are so funny) Second, I hear you loud and clear. Things, as you know, are still really busy around here but I can see the light now.
    I love you girl and I am praying for you as well,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete