Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Titus 2 - Our Homes#9

Hi ladies,
How are all of you doing? I haven't heard from you in awhile, does that mean we are all busy decluttering and keeping our homes or are we busy enjoying the summer? I have been doing both. Lately, I have mainly been trying to get things organized around my home to help them run smoothly and consistently. My main focus as of late, has been stocking my pantry and cutting my grocery bill back. It seems that I have not been doing a good job in that area lately and it was starting to really show; by lack of food and increase in budget. So, that has been my priority lately. Today is my baking day this week; this is when I will stock my pantry with bread, tortillas, and homemade snacks and such. If I try to just make them here and there, they don't get done and we run out which means a trip to the store unexpectedly. Yikes!! What have you been working on lately?

I also want to refer you to a great website, Rebecca Powell. I have attended several of her workshops over the last few years at my local homeschool convention and I must say, she is just a wonderful woman. She is so sweet and lovely to talk with as well. I ordered her latest book while at the last conference and it arrived in the mail yesterday. The title is "Seasons of Change; Parenting Your Middle Schooler with Passion and Purpose". My oldest will be 11 this summer and I wanted to be prepared for what is aheah. I haven't been able to put it down!! I am half way through and probably would have finished it already, had I not had chores to do today. :) So, head over to her website, she has alot of different resources.

Enjoy your day and don't forget to say hi!
Blessings,
Rashel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rashel,

    Sorry I haven't posted any updates here for ya. We've been busy playing outside and packing and decluttering. We signed a contract to buy a house and will be moving by the end of this month. We're so excited to be owning our own home again. I'm trying my best to declutter as much as I can so that we don't take anything over to the new house that we don't use or need.

    I've been trying to keep my kitchen stocked up too, but right now we're trying to go as long as we can without buying groceries before we move so that will be less to move. Once we're moved though, we'll start stocking up again. Well, I'll pop by here when I have the chance.

    Blessings, sara

    ReplyDelete