Monday, June 9, 2008

Titus 2 - Our Children

Blessings ladies,
Titus 2 also tells us to love our children and two ways we are to love them is to train them up in the word of God and to discipline them according to the word of God. I have been reading a great deal lately about training up my children to be followers of Jesus and lovers of God. I will share a few of the books I am (have been) reading and give a link so you can read more about them. "Everyday Talk: Talking Freely and Naturally about God with your Children" by John A. Younts can be found here. "Season of Change: Parenting Your Middle Schooler with Passion and Purpose" by Rebecca Ingram Powell and "Don't Make Me Count to Three" by Ginger Plowman can both be found on this website. "Teach Them Diligently: How to Use the Scriptures in Child Training" by Lou Priolo I ordered from here, look under the clearance section! I have learned alot from all of them and would recommend any of them. Courtship Connection (the last link I gave you) has LOTS of wonderful resources, I highly encourage you to browse around their site.

It has been very heavy on my heart lately to consciously train my children in the word of God, not just discipline them and have them mind for the sake of not getting into trouble. I want them to learn how we are to behave as Christians and why. I want them to have a firm foundation to fall back on when they are tempted in some way and I am not there to tell them which road to take. I want them to live according to God's ways and His plan for their life and to do so because they love and honor Him. I encourage each of you to pray and ask God if you are training up your children or if you are just disciplining them. Ask Him what He would have you to do. I will post more on this later but for now, spend time seeking the Lord's will in this matter.

Blessings,
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment