Monday, March 10, 2008

A few questions for discussion

I really, really want your opinions on this post. I want us to discuss submission. No, I don't want to discuss whether or not we are to submit, that is stated clearly in the Bible. We are to submit to our husbands as unto the Lord. I do have a couple of areas I want you to think about though. What if there is something you really want to do, but your husband isn't thrilled about it? He tells you, "yes, you can do it", but you know in your heart he would rather you not. He is simply trying to be kind and loving and allowing you to have your way. So, my question is this: If you go ahead and do it, are you truly being submissive? Or are you looking out for your own interests?

Here is another one. What if there are things around the house that you know your husband prefers done in a certain way, yet you do them your own way or do not really give a thought to how they are done, if done at all? Is that being unsubmissive? Now, I am not talking about the days that we just are truly busy and some things don't get taken care of, that happens sometimes. I am speaking of the things that you just don't really give much thought to how your husband would prefer for it to be done.

Okay, one more. There are certain things that your husband entrusts to you, for example it may be homeschooling, paying bills or just running the home in general. He doesn't give you a set of specific rules or check your performance each night, he just trusts you to do the best that you can do in these areas. So, if you are slacking in an area he has entrusted to you and you are not doing your very best, are you being unsubmissive?

I know that I have been guilty of all of the above at one time or another, so don't be hanging your head if I have hit a nerve here. I just want us to think about these things and discuss them to help us to be the best helpmeets we can be for our husbands.


No comments:

Post a Comment