Thursday, December 13, 2007

Women that disrespect their husbands

I know a woman that sometimes I just really don't like to be around. It isn't that she isn't a nice person or that we don't get along, because we do, rather it is how she treats her husband that I just cannot tolerate. She is constantly belittling him by telling him he hasn't done something right, complaining about what he is doing, nagging him about something she wants him to do but hasn't yet or making comments that he can't or won't do anything. Last time I was around them she made a comment to her daughter that he knew better than to do anything without asking them (her and her daughters) first. The thing is, I don't know if she realizes just how awful she sounds. She doesn't raise her voice and sometime says these things in her normal tone of voice, so it isn't like she is yelling these things at him. It just breaks my heart to see how she treats him but what is worse is how she is raising her daughters to disrespect him. Now, don't get me wrong, this man isn't perfect and there are things he does that would irritate me as well, but none of us are perfect. She makes comments about girls being better than boys and about men not being able to do anything. There are always constant little digs at him. I honestly don't know how they can stand to be around each other. She reminds me of the constant dripping the Bible talks about in Proverbs 27:15. Have I said anything to her? No and there are many reasons why. Mainly, I don't think my husband would allow me to. We did discuss the situation the other night but nothing was said about calling her on it.
Ladies, we are called to honor our husbands, to respect them and to love them. We are to do good, not evil everyday. If you find yourself repeating any of the behaviors I described above (in the first paragraph, the negative ones), please pray and ask God to forgive you and to show you how to change your ways into positive and uplifting behavior toward your husband.
Let's purpose in our hearts today to make a conscious effort to compliment our husbands on something today. It doesn't have to be something elaborate, just compliment him on something before the day is over. However, make sure it is sincere or it won't work and could cause more harm than good.
Tomorrow, look for one thing you can do to make his day easier or better. Maybe you can keep the kids quiet when he gets home from work just long enough to let him relax (if he likes that), or perhaps have supper ready when he walks in the door. Are you still making sure his favorite drink is in the fridge? When was the last time you fixed his favorite meal? Does he have clean socks and underwear in his drawers (in the laundry basket doesn't count)? Now I admit, there have been nights I have dug through the basket to find matching socks and then put them in his drawer so they would be ready for him in the morning, but at least he didn't have to dig through the basket! Think of one thing that would make things easier for him and do it. If you honestly can't think of something, then ask him!
Dear Heavenly Father, I pray that you would help us to draw our husbands nearer to you through our love and our actions. I pray that they would see you through us, that they would be desire to please you the way we are striving to please them. Lord help us to lift them up and to encourage them daily. Lord, remind us to pray for them without ceasing. Lord help us to lay down our own desires and our own ambitions to fulfill this calling you have given us; to be a helpmeet to our husbands. I ask this in your Son's holy name, amen.

Blessings,
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment