Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Confessions of a Trim Healthy Mama

As you might know, I started following the Trim Healthy Mama plan last year and loved it! I felt great while following the plan and I lost 13 lbs, which was quite a bit for me because I honestly didn't have a lot to lose. I went from a size 12 to a size 6. It was fantastic! But then in November my husband and I went on vacation, then it was Thanksgiving and Christmas and to be perfectly honest, I fell off plan.

I have been trying since the beginning of the year to completely get back on plan, but it hasn't happened. Today as I was having my devotion time I started thinking about THM and when I followed the plan before. I knew I felt better on plan but what I remembered this morning was that when I was actually staying on plan, I ENJOYED it AND it wasn't hard! So, why was I having such a hard time getting back on it? I think there are a couple of reasons. First, my motivation to lose weight is gone because I have already lost it and even with being off plan for two months, I have only gained back three pounds (because I have stayed off sugar). Second, when I have cheats, I want more cheats! Eating mashed potatoes and gravy makes me want more mashed potatoes and gravy, things like that.

Why am I telling you all of this? Well, because I am determined to get back on plan. I have a renewed purpose and I have prayed about it and asked God for help. I'm hoping that posting this will help keep me accountable. However, I am also hoping that by posting this I will encourage someone who might be in the same situation as I am in. Maybe you have fallen off plan and want to get back on. Maybe you are struggling with being completely on plan. You can get back on plan. You can do it. We can do it!

I am committing to following the Trim Healthy Mama plan again. Will you join me? Or maybe just encourage me if you are already following it? I would love to hear from you.

Blessings from a renewed Trim Healthy Mama


Special Occasion Chocolate Cake pg 384 ~
made using loaf pans instead of round cake pans


trim-healthy-tuesdays-banne

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you girl! We can do this! I've committed to staying on plan at least 90%, that means only a maximum of 3 meal/snack cheats a week. That will help me keep it real with family meals and outings, but also stick with the plan and follow through! I'm ready to feel better again!

    Hugs,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it!!! Jump back in!

    ReplyDelete