Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It's Hard to Just Rest

I am now four days post op from a major surgery and my days consist of laying on the couch all day watching DVDs, reading, searching the web or playing on my phone. At times the thought of having to do nothing all day would sound very appealing and I would jump at the chance, but when it is everyday for several days, it is harder than I thought. I battle the feeling that I am being lazy, although I know in my heart I am not. This is what I need to do right now to heal properly and no one expects more of me right now. So, I am trying to just enjoy this down time and finish reading some books and even some blogs I enjoy. I hope to get up the energy and focus to work on some crochet projects in the next few days but quite honestly my pain medicines make it hard to focus on much of anything that requires a lot of thought, even reading is hard sometimes. I am easing up on my medicines a little at a time, as I can handle it, so maybe before long I'll be back to normal in that sense.

I am so thankful I went ahead with the surgery instead of trying to manage things "naturally". It turns out I had some conditions that could not have been treated that way and I never would have gotten the pain to go away. Due to scarring in my uterus, blood was backing up into my fallopian tubes as well as being trapped in my uterus which caused both my uterus and my tubes to become enlarged and very painful. So, I am extremely blessed that I followed the Lord's leading and went ahead with the surgery. I knew from the way He opened the doors and made everything work out perfectly time wise and from the peace that He gave me that it was what He wanted me to do. Thank you Lord!

I'll post again when I can or when I have more to share!

Blessings,
Rashel

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are feeling better. The best thing for you and your family is to take your time to heal.
    They need you well. You cannot rush yourself.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete