Monday, February 13, 2012

Snow day- even though we homeschool

Today is the first real snow we have had all year. It snowed during the night and is continuing this morning for at least a little awhile. It isn't a blizzard by any means but enough that all the local schools are cancelled. I recently read somewhere (wish I could remember where) that one great way to make memories with your children is to allow a snow day once in awhile, even if you homeschool; a day to cuddle inside and watch a good movie. I had told my children after I read the article that the next time schools were cancelled, I would allow one snow day. Well, today is the day. They are loving it, outside all bundled in coveralls and stocking caps, playing in the snow. Dh is also home today!! He talked to his work, which is about 30 minutes away, and the other manager said they had plenty of help today, so dh got to stay home with us. What a perfect snow day! It is especially great after the week we had last week. If you haven't read, our barn burned to the ground Thursday. You can read about it here. Also, I don't think I posted about it, but our oldest son's dog (of about 10 years) got ran over Monday last week, and what is worse is that he was the one that found her. So, needless to say, last week wasn't the best week for us but our God is a big God and He works all things out for good. I'm off to enjoy my family. Take some time today just to love on those around you!
Blessings,
Rashel

2 comments:

  1. How fun to have a snowday. I think my kids would love it if I did that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbi, my children did love it and so did I! It was so great to just have a fun, relaxing day with no worries or schedule to follow.
    Blessings,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete