Thursday, February 9, 2012

Barn Fire today

First, I need to say that everyone is fine and no animals were hurt.  Second, I have to praise God for keeping us home today when we had dentist appointments and were supposed to be gone (the dentist got sick and rescheduled us).Our barn caught fire today, most likely from heat lamps we had in there for some baby goats. If we had not been home, the results would have been much, much worse and it probably would have gotten to our house. When we saw it, it was totally engulfed in flames. We got the goats out and called 911. We have had wonderful friends helps us, bring us food and bring us hay. Plus, many, many other offers for the same. We are truly blessed.

We had hay equipment, four wheelers, a motorcycle and other things in there, but that can all be replaced. We are all safe, our animals and our home are safe. Praise God!


  1. Wow! Praise the Lord you are all safe! I'm new's nice to "meet" you. I look forward to reading your blog. And for the encouragement.

  2. That would be scary. God certianly is good!

  3. I'm glad that everyone is OK! Isn't it AMAZING how God works! Not that your barn burnt down but that you were home to keep an excessive amount more from being destroyed.