Tuesday, May 17, 2011

ABC's of a Godly Home - Day M

Day M - Meditate and Meals

Spiritual Challenge Day M - Meditate. Psalm 1:1,2 "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on His law he meditates day and night." Now I know that we can't physically sit and meditate on God's word day and night, we are wives and moms and we have other things that we must do. However, I do believe that we can think about His word day and night; we can continually be thinking about what God's word says about each situation that comes up in our lives and how we are to respond to it. We can memorize scripture throughout the day by placing it around our home, notecards here and there or our bible laying open somewhere. The point is that we are to make time for God's word and we are to be thinking about it, meditating on it, day and night. Your spiritual challenge is to meditate on God's word each day, to make sure you are spending time in His word daily.


Physical Challenge Day M - Meals. Today we are going to look at meal planning. There are numerous ways to do this and if you have your own way, great! Use what you are comfortable with but if you don't know how to get started, I will help you. I'm just going to give you a very simple way of meal planning to get you going. Meal planning relieves alot of stress by knowing what you have planned for dinner and knowing you have the ingredients to make it. No more last minute wondering what is for supper or having to order out because you don't have anything prepared. We are just going to work on one week and then if you want, you can add another week when you have time. My meal plans are for two weeks and go from Thursday to Wednesday, simply because that is how I do my shopping. What I want you to do is just grab a sheet of paper, list Tuesday through Monday down the left side leaving a few spaces between each day. Now grab your calendar and make a note next to each day if you have something scheduled that day. For instance on Monday we have ball practice, on Saturday we have a rodeo, etc. This will help you to know if you need a crockpot meal that day, a fast to fix meal or have time to actually cook in the evening. Now think of several meals you could fix using the food you already have in your home and write them down. Next look at the list of meals, think about which one would work on which day and write it next to that day. We are only working on dinner today, don't worry about breakfast and lunch. If you want, you could just make a list of breakfasts and lunches you could easily fix and pick one each day. It's up to you. That is all there is to it, now you have a menu plan for the next week. You can easily glance at it the evening before to see if you need to thaw meat, soak beans, etc. You can also look each morning to see if there is any prep work you can do ahead of time to make dinner time easier. Don't stress over this and don't think it has to be perfect, just do it. :)

Blessings,
Rashel

3 comments:

  1. Menu planning is so important, and such a time saver! I've evolved with how I've done menu planning, and right now am doing well with having theme nights, it makes it easier to figure out what we're having, and helps me take advantage of sales, because I know it's something we'll use.

    Blessings,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty new to trying to menu plan. It usually stresses me out too much so I end up not doing it and then I don't have things ready when I need to cook. The last 2 weeks however have been different. I made a menu list and have been able to stay on top of our meals! It's very exciting!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, I'm so glad that you have figured out a way that works for your family, that is awesome!

    Tara, I am so excited that you have started menu planning and it is helping!

    Blessings my friends,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete