Friday, May 6, 2011

ABC's of a Godly Home - Day F

Day F - Forgiveness and Faith

Spiritual Challenge Day F- Forgiveness. If you are following along, on Day A we admitted our sins and asked for forgiveness and we even forgave ourselves. Today is about forgiving others. Mark 11:25 "And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses." This verse says if we expect God to forgive us, then we must forgive others. Sometimes this is really hard to do, we want to hang on to those feelings of hurt and bitterness because we feel they are justified. I think this scripture verse makes it pretty clear that we are to forgive no matter what, even if we are justified in being hurt and angry. It says "anything against anyone", that is covers everything. Unforgiveness just leads to bitterness and anger and those do not bring about the righteousness of God. We can't fully love if we are holding on to past hurts and we can't fully feel God's presence if we have unforgiveness in our hearts. Your challenge today is to pray and ask God to help you forgive those that have trespassed against you. You may even need to go to those people and tell them you forgive them, let God lead you in that decision. This is between you and God, seek His guidance and His power.

Physical Challenge F - Faith. Today you are going to make sure that you find time for your faith and your family. I'm not just talking about finding time today either, I'm talking about finding time everyday. We are going to put it on our to do list. It is so important to have time with God everyday. This time will look different for each one of us, some of us will only have 5 minutes between changing dirty diapers and nursing babies and some of us will have an hour to savor His presence. The important thing is that we make time for Him. He knows your situation and what you can do, He just wants to meet with you and love on you. He is waiting for you. For me early morning works best and I have found my day is so much better when I can meet with Him before the rest of the family wakes up. However, there have been times when my babies were smaller (my youngest is 8 now) that I just couldn't get up before them. We have to find a time that works for us and that we will be able to do each day. We also have to make time for our family. It is so easy for me to get caught up in housework and making sure that school gets done that I never really spend any fun time with my family. Our children will be grown and gone soon enough, Lord help us to take time to enjoy them each day. Your challenge today is to be thinking when you can have your quiet time with God each day and then write it on your to do list. You also are to write fun time with your family on your to do list. It doesn't have to be an enormous amount of time, thirty minutes will make a huge difference to your children. You may even want to see if there is one night a week you can schedule a family fun night, that is up to you. Your assignment is fairly easy today, just write God and your family on your to do list. We'll work on our schedules later.

I pray you are all being blessed and seeing a difference in your attitude (if it needed it). I know this has been a help to me. Thank you for all the sweet comments you have been leaving, I truly appreciate them.

I'm off to our area homeschool convention for today and tomorrow, so I won't be online much the next few days but I look forward to reading all your comments when I get back. Have a blessed day!

Blessings,
Rashel

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely post Rashel! How true it is that we must forgive...and yes, it can only be done in HIS strength and with HIS grace! What a blessing that HE promises to give us this enabling...we could not do it otherwise.

    Have a wonderful time at the convention...I trust you will be encouraged. :)

    Happy Mother's Day!
    Blessings,
    Camille

    ReplyDelete