Easy 4 Loaf Bread Recipe
4 cups hot water
3 Tbsp yeast
2/3 cup honey (can use sugar)
4 tsp salt
1/3 cup oil (I use olive)*
8-10 cups flour (I uses fresh ground but any combination of white and wheat will work)
I use my Kitchen Aid mixer for this but I know you can do it by hand as well.
1. Put yeast in mixer bowl, add 1 cup hot water, let sit till yeast is bubbly.
2. Turn mixer on, add honey, salt, oil, remaining 3 cups of water and 6 cups of the flour. Let this mix well, then add remaining flour until the dough is a consistency that is easy to handle. (not too sticky but a little)
3. Dump dough on floured surface and knead while adding just enough flour to make it nonsticky. Once it is easy to work with, I just knead a few more times, then divided into four pieces.
4. Shape each piece into a loaf shape (you don't have to spend alot of time on this, just close to a loaf shape works). Place into greased loaf pans. Cover with dish towel.
5. Let it rise for 30 minutes.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. When they come out of the oven, remove bread from pan and let cool on cooling rack. I like to run a stick of butter over the top just to lightly coat the top of the loaf.
*I have substituted 1 cup of flaxseed for the 1/3c oil and it works great plus gives some added nutrition.
That's it! Now you have four wonderful homemade loaves of bread. Enjoy!