Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Time to declutter...

I don't know if I have mentioned before, but we live in a small house, 900sq ft to be exact. With 6 people living in a small space, it is easy for it to get cluttered. Our bedrooms are the worst, mine seems to be a dumping ground for anything that doesn't have a home. My desk is also in my room and I have to admit, I am not good at keeping up with filing papers. So, I have decided to make cleaning up/decluttering my room my goal for the rest of this week. Anybody else need to declutter? Join in with me and let me know I'm not alone in this. I know there are alot of ways to declutter and you have to find what works for you, what you will actually DO. I'm just going to set my timer and work for 15 minutes at a time so that I don't get overwhelmed by it. Some of my decluttering will actually just be filing papers, but it will really declutter my desk by doing that. Ok, I've done 15 minutes already this morning and I'm getting ready to get another 15 in now. Ready, set, go..........

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I moved the computer and a small desk into the living room. That cleared off room on the big desk which will hopefully make it easier to organize. Plus having the computer in the living room will be nice so I don't feel like I am so shut off from my family when I check in. That freed up some other space in my room as well, so I'm reorganizing and still decluttering. That took more than 15 minutes but it was worth it. My next step is going to be to start working on all the papers and filing. ICK!!! It will be so nice when it is all done though. Babysteps, I'll get there!

    ReplyDelete