Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Schedules...

Sometimes I wonder why we aren't getting much done during the day lately, then I realize it could be because I let my children sleep in until 9 or so, then they eat breakfast about 9:30 or so. Then they have to do animal chores, which lately also includes playing in the snow for awhile. So by the time all that is done and they are in and undressed of outside coveralls and such, it is almost lunchtime!! I really may have to consider an earlier bedtime and earlier awake time. However, I treasure my quiet time in the mornings, sitting at my kitchen table, drinking coffee and spending time with God. So, I will pray about it and then see what He would have me do. One of the benefits of being a homeschooling mama is I can set our schedule. Who says we have to start school at 9:00? Or even have breakfast done by then? I mentioned an earlier bedtime, but one reason I let them stay up until 10:00 is so they can have time with Daddy. Some nights he doesn't get home until 7, then we eat supper and an early bedtime would really cut into their time with him. So, there again, it's good we can set our own schedule of what works for our family.
Blessings,
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment