Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Titus 2 - Our Homes #6

Good morning to you all. I know I am probably starting to sound like a broken record, but I want to encourage you again to spend your time with the Lord, then your morning routine and then start your to do list for the day, which should include some time in your chosen area. I know I have said this many time, but it is so important that we continue to do these things first in our day and make them a priority in our lives. We NEED time with the Lord, to draw near to Him, to seek Him and to be refreshed by Him. He will give us the strength we need to take care of anything that comes our way during our day, but first we must seek Him. Our morning routines will also help us stay on track and keep our homes in order. We cannot get so focused on our chosen areas that we neglect the rest of our homes. Our morning routines will help to ensure we don't.

Yesterday, I had the cleaning bug and rearranged part of my bedroom and my living room. This is the way I really clean. I move the furniture while cleaning behind and under it as I go. We had some friends over the other night and the husband asked if I had moved the furniture. My dh said something about I do it all the time, I didn't hear his exact words. I replied that is how I clean, I move the furniture and clean while I go. Well, the husband asked his wife if that meant she never cleaned because she never moved their furniture. He was not being critical or mean in anyway, it was more jokingly. However, it did get me to thinking. How do you clean? Are you like me and rearrange the furniture while you clean so you can get behind and under it? Or if not, what do you do? Do you just pull one piece at a time out, clean and put it back where it was? I don't think there is a "right" way to do it, rearranging is just always how I have done it. So, how do you do it?

Blessings,
Rashel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rashel,

    Yesterday turned out to be a very productive day for me as well. I ended up spending a lot of time in the kitchen and getting it really cleaned up. It's so small, that even a few dishes left undone make a big difference.

    We just moved about a month ago, and are still working on unpacking some things. So I spent the rest of my time unpacking and organizing all the homeschool supplies. Everything looks so much nicer.

    As for how I clean, I usually will just move things out as I clean and then put them back, but every now and then I'll rearrange and do my cleaning that way.

    Have a wonderful and productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just yesterday I was cleaning my living room and guess what I did, yep moved my furniture around. I tend to do this when I get real serious about cleaning.

    ReplyDelete