Wednesday, September 4, 2013

THM onion rings

Ok this is one of those recipes that I feel silly sharing because it is so simple that I figure that you already know about it. However, on the slight chance one of you hasn't thought of it, it is worth sharing.

Simple Homemade Onion Rings - THM style


First preheat your oil and then slice up your onion. If this treat is for just you, I recommend only slicing one medium to small onion so that you don't overeat. I'm not kidding, they are that good and I never have left overs!


Mix one egg with 1 Tbsp water in a bowl, just mix with a fork. Then dip your onion slices in the egg, lift out with your fork and let the excess drip off. Then place your onion ring in your hot oil and fry for a couple of minutes. It will turn a nice golden brown and that is when you know they are done.


This is what they look like when cooked. You are so lucky to get to see the finished product, it normally doesn't last long enough for a picture.

Enjoy,
Rashel

trim-healthy-tuesdays-banner



3 comments:

  1. I. Love. Onions. Red onions are my favorite - and these are amazing looking! I've never fried onions like this...but we love caramelized onions!
    Thanks for linking at Trim Healthy Tuesday!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are an S because of the egg yolk and frying them in oil.

    ReplyDelete