Monday, February 17, 2014

Skirts Made From Old Pairs of Jeans

This week for Modest Monday I thought I would feature some skirts that I've made using a pair of jeans and either extra fabric or another pair of jeans. 


This skirt is super comfortable and it is a lighter weight denim, which is great on warmer days. Aren't the flowers pretty? My daughter bought these for me for Valentine's Day, using her own birthday money. She is such a sweetie!



This skirt is heavy which makes it great for winter or on windy days, keeps the wind out and the skirt doesn't blow in the breeze.  I made this one from a pair of Carhartt jeans I had but rarely wore and it has extra pockets that were already made into the jeans, which I enjoy (one is perfect size for my cell phone). The panels are made using legs from another pair of jeans.
This is our dog Timex, yep, that is her real name. My husband came up with that name because she is supposed to be our watchdog. Clever isn't it. 

This was our first warm day in quite awhile, so I was enjoying the sunshine.
This skirt is made from a pair of capris and I used some flannel I had left from another project. Sometimes I don't want a skirt that is ankle length because in the rain, snow or mud it can get wet and nasty. I also tend to wear them more this length in the summer.
 You can see the flannel better in this picture.

Here is the link for the post I did on how to make a skirt like this. If you've never made your own skirt, this is an easy and inexpensive way to do it and I really encourage you to at least try it. I think you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is and you  get a great skirt in the process!

"And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes." 
1 Timothy 2:9 NLT

Blessings,
Rashel

Photobucket


4 comments:

  1. I love your skirts. They are very nice. I love long skirts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chelle!! I enjoy sharing my pictures simply because I really enjoy seeing others modest outfits, so I think surely someone else likes it too. :)
      Blessings.

      Delete