Monday, September 30, 2013

Trim Healthy Eating Diary - Day 4

Sunday brought visits to family and friends which always means eating the best that I can without making a fuss. Well, that is how I handle it anyway ~ the fellowship is more important to me than what I eat at that particular meal. I know we each have to make our own decisions on that.

Oh, I also want to tell you that my ten year old daughter decided she wanted to join me in Trim Healthy Mama! I am excited but also know that she may not stick with it long, I'm going to do my best to serve her foods that she enjoys and help her to stay on it for good.

Our breakfast was simple, scrambled eggs fried in coconut oil. Of course I had my usual coffee with truvia and cream.

We knew we would be gone most of the day so we started fixing some drinks and food to take with us. Below are three of the bottles that we made ~ left is singing canary, middle is strawberry limeade GGMS and right is GGMS (good girl moonshine).


I also took my bottle of water with me, so I was set for awhile. We went to my Dad's for lunch and my step-mom knows all about me doing THM and I have talked to her about it quite a bit. So she sampled some of my drinks and wasn't offended at all when I brought a side and ate my burger without my bun, I wrapped it in lettuce. We had also taken some lavash bread and made chips while there. My daughter had her burger in half of a lavash and said she really liked it. She also loves the lavash chips! The side I chose to take was Gwen's tomato cucumber salad and it was a big hit!  I didn't get pictures of my burger but I'm sure you can use your imagination for that :)

For dinner we went to some friend's home and I was asked to bring dessert. I had some pumpkin dessert left from the night before so I repurposed it into a new dessert. I made some whipped cream, chunked the pumpkin dessert and made a kind of pumpkin torte thing. Looking at the picture below, I might have used a bit much whipped cream, but then again, I'm not sure that is possible.



I also made a peach crisp that is totally off plan, but I knew that no one there was concerned with healthy eating and I wanted to take a dessert for them to enjoy. 
Now, my dinner was completely off plan! Remember what I said at the beginning of  this post about sometimes having to choose fellowship over food, that is what I did. They had fixed fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and rolls! So what did I do, I filled my plate with all of it and enjoyed myself! I did eat the pumpkin dessert instead of the peach crisp though! I knew that I would get right back on plan with my next meal, so I just didn't worry about it.

Blessings my friends,
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment