Friday, December 30, 2011

Guilt is a horrible thing

Do you ever have a day that you have extra time you weren't expecting to have and you seriously don't know what to do with it? I'm having one of those days today. We got up and around this morning and got the house picked up, swept and dishes done. My two oldest sons are at my Dad's helping cut/stack wood and dh is at work, so it is just me and my two littles. I was supposed to scrapbook with a friend today, but she backed out. So, now I have a few hours before I have to be anywhere and can't decide what I should do. I have plenty I could clean, declutter or organize. I have laundry I could fold and put away or I have two books borrowed from a friend that I could read. I could just scrapbook by myself. My two littles are watching a movie, I already sat and watched one with them, then I made some pudding and now I am online (obviously). Now, the dilemma of what to do next. Do you know what I really WANT to do? Take a nap. Yep, I would love to just curl up and take a little nap, but the guilt is starting to creep in and remind me of all the productive things I could be doing. Oh, how I hate that little voice that makes me feel guilty when I want to have just a little time to indulge myself. I'm not sure which I'll do, but I'll be sure to come back and let you know.  What would you do?

4 comments:

  1. Don't feel guilty for having a relaxed day. Most days are busy and its ok to have a day to enjoy whatever you want to do. If I had a day I would read. Hope you enjoy your time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My chiropractor asks me, "How can you take care of your family when you don't take care of yourself?" When you get a spare moment, enjoy it, Rashel. I can tell that your first priority is still your family. :)
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, I very much appreciate it.

    By the way, the nap won out. I got about an hour nap in :)

    Blessings,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Napping IS doing something--recharging your batteries!

    ReplyDelete