Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Learning to Live MY Life

I guess I'm a slow learner and sometimes I need hit over the head a few times before something sinks in, but I think I'm finally getting it. God has really been showing me lately that I am to live my life, not someone else's. I've posted about this before several times, like I said I'm a slow learner. You can read about me not being superwoman here or keeping up with the Jones here. God is telling me that I am not to compare myself with others, whether it is online or in person. He created me the way I am and He gave me my family and my home, because that is what is best for me. I am to strive to become more like Him, not more like Suzy or Martha. I am to seek His best for my family and yes, sometimes that means I need to learn a new skill such as making cheese. However, I need to make sure I am learning those things because that is what He wants me to do, not because I feel like I should just because everyone else is. To be honest, I forget this sometimes and I feel like I should be doing so much more for my family or that I'm not doing enough because I'm not doing all the things everyone else does. I'm not really sure who the everyone else is, but I know they are out there and they are doing more than me! :)  I love to read other's blog and to learn some of the skills they are doing but I have to pace myself and realize that I cannot learn twenty new skills all at once AND I don't need to! I love to get ideas from my fellow bloggers and I really have learned alot, but I must also remind myself that we are all different and I don't need to pattern my life after theirs. I'm learning to ask God what He wants from me today and start there. I'm discovering that I need to listen to His guidance instead of listening to Satan's little whispers in my ear telling me I'm not doing enough. I know all of this, I've written about it before (and I'm sorry if you're tired of reading about it) but like I said, I'm a slow learner.

Blessings to you all and may you live your life today,
Rashel

A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home

5 comments:

  1. I understand. I had to come to the point where I am continually looking up (at Jesus), and not around (at other people). That helps me a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rashel,

    I'm visiting your site through 'A Wise Woman Builds Her Home'. This is a great post.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, thanks for letting me know I'm not alone :)
    Debbie, thank you for stopping by! I'm going to visit you now :)
    Thanks,
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know where you are coming from Rashel! We need to continually remind ourselves to focus on Jesus and not on our own prideful aspirations!

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet and heartfelt post Rashel. The LORD is so gracious with us, isn't HE? AND...HE is not a difficult Master...what a blessing to rest in that! Thank you for sharing your heart...may the LORD indeed help us all to look to HIM more and to others less. :)

    Many blessings to you!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete