Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My fitness journey

I've been thinking and praying about how I can best encourage you in your fitness journey, and I believe the best way is for me just to share my journey with you.

So, I plan to just kind of journal about my exercises, my food choices or whatever is speaking to me that day. I pray that you don't find it boastful or prideful, but instead are encouraged in your own life.

I want to encourage others no matter what their level of fitness. I have so much to learn and I want to share it all with you as I go.

I don't want to devote hours each day to being fit, instead I want to spend my time on what really works without taking tons of time.  While fitness is a passion of mine, it can't take up my whole day. I'm a wife and a mom first and those two jobs take up most of my time.

Today I want to share what I have been doing for upper body strength. I got this routine from several sources on the internet and put together which ones I would/could do consistently.

I know the quality of the photo is not great, but I hope you can read it anyway.



I keep this paper tacked up on the wall in my room where I work out and I use 3lb weights on the ones that require weights. I've been doing these three days a week, opposite of my run days. They really don't take long to get done, but they work! 

Here is a progress picture-


There is only 10 days between the two pictures and I know it isn't a huge difference, but it is enough to notice. Which makes me want to keep going!!

The other things I've been doing each day to help upper body strength are pushups and a plank. Each day I add a pushup and add time to my plank every other day. I am up to 17 pushups and a 95 second plank!

Working out doesn't have to be extra strenuous and it doesn't have to take hours. I'm usually done in 30 minutes.


Are you exercising regularly? It is so important to your overall health. I pray you find something you like and then stick with it.

Blessings,
Rashel

1 comment:

  1. Great article, Rashel. I think I'm motivated to start do a few things to improve my muscle tone and overall strength. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete