Thursday, July 2, 2015

Chocolate Layer Cheesecake Pie

Cheesecake is my favorite dessert! Ever!

I love it, but not if it has fruit on top. No, no fruit toppings. The only thing worthy of topping cheesecake is caramel sauce. 

Surprisingly, I haven't made many sweets lately, but tonight I was craving something yummy. 

I tried an almond flour pie crust awhile back that was deliciousness, so I knew I wanted to use that as the base and I thought what better to put on top than cheesecake. 

So I did. 

Well, I did after I put a layer of chocolate on it.


Yes, I then drizzled caramel sauce on top.

It definitely took care of my sweet craving.

I made this crust recipe from Elana and baked it in an 8x8 pan. 



After it cooled I topped it with a double batch of skinny chocolate. 


I put it in the fridge long enough for the chocolate to harden and in the meantime I made the cheesecake filling.

I whipped 1 pt of heavy whipping cream until soft peaks formed, then set it aside.

I took 2 pkg of cream cheese (softened) and mixed them with 1/2 c erythritol and 2 Tbsp of vanilla until well mixed.

Then I mixed in the whipped cream. You are supposed to fold it in, but I am no good at that and I just mixed it in with my mixer. It worked fine.
As soon as it was mixed I put it on top of the chocolate covered pie crust, spread it out and back into the fridge it went to set up, probably a 1-2 hours.


While it was setting up I made the most delicious healthy caramel sauce ever, 
you can find the recipe here. It is supposed to cool as well, so I put it in a jar and stuck it in the fridge.

While waiting for all my yumminess to set up I did my workout for the day.

I did a PrayFit workout, LOVE it, but oh my abs and thighs were hurting when I was done.

Then I had my protein shake and a big salad for dinner. 

FINALLY, I was ready for dessert.

And it was ready to be eaten.


As I'm typing this I have no idea what to call this dessert. 

Absolutely none.

How about Chocolate Layer Cheesecake Pie.

Not real original, but I'm telling you, I've got nothing.

I hope you enjoy! I did!

Blessings,
Rashel


No comments:

Post a Comment