Thursday, April 14, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

Are you familiar with this vegetable? I wan't until last year, now I really enjoy it. It's very easy to cook and is very versatile. To cook it I just slice it in half long way, turn cut side down on a pan and bake at 350 degrees for about an hour. It's done when you can easily pierce the skin with a fork. Then I scoop out the seeds and discard. Next I use a fork to dig out the insides and that's all there is to it.

I enjoy just eating it with a little butter, salt and pepper but there are other uses as well. I use spaghetti squash in place of spaghetti to make it a properly combined protein meal if I want to add cheese or meat to my spaghetti sauce.  I also have some dessert recipes using spaghetti squash and amazingly, they are really yummy. I will post those when I can. 
I'll be planting some spaghetti squash in my garden this year! Also, you can cook and then freeze it for later use as well!

Blessings,
Rashel

No comments:

Post a Comment